New to Tri - We're with you on this journey
Welcome to this fantastic sport. Whatever you want to achieve, we want to support you.
All beginners are very welcome to join our training sessions. Ask the coach or one of the other friendly members if you have any questions - we were all new once...and are happy to pass on our knowledge. Keep an eye on the club Facebook Chat Hub for details.
Tips for managing your first event
- Get to your event nice and early so that you can spend some time walking through transition to familiarise yourself with the entry and exit points
- It helps to use old socks on your feet when you put your wetsuit on. Anti chafing lube (like Tri glide or Body Glide) will prevent tell tell chafing around your neck - never ever use baby oil or vaseline on or around your wetsuit (it eats into the neoprene shortening the life of your suit)
- Set out your bike shoes/ trainers on a brightly coloured towel (if the event allows this) to help you locate your bike
- Consider using an elasticated race belt to attach your number to which can give you options of which top etc to wear on the day
- The swim start can be daunting so it may be helpful to position yourself at the side of the crowd, and try not to panic when the gun goes off
- If you are not a confident swimmer give the buoys a wide berth to avoid the mass of humanity