As part of the program there will be;
- A weekly email from the club providing information and tips to get you started with your first triathlon
- A Monday night coached run session with Sam Keats at the Auckland Domain at 6.15pm
- The Wednesday night coached triathlon specific session with Liam Miller. We are planning the first two weeks to be at a pool and will give more details once we firm up numbers and can book lanes. Any pool entry, unfortunately will not be included as part of the cost. These sessions will also start at 6.15pm
- Saturday morning group open water swim at Kohimarama Beach with Vince Sesto. The swim starts at 8am and will cater for different levels of confidence in open water. The swim is usually between 30 and 45 minutes, depending on conditions and water temperature. We then do an easy 20 minute run after the swim.
Note: Two of the Saturday morning training sessions will be at Maraetai Beach. March 16, 2024 will be a bike course recce to make sure you are familiar with the course before race day. March 23, 2024 will be a swim course familiarisation and a run through of the transition area before race day.
- Entry to a 500m swim at the Kohi Summer Swim Series in order to get you ready to swimming in a competitive swimming environment.
The program is designed to get you ready for the final People’s Triathlon Series Sprint race on the 24th of March, 2024.
The costs of the program will be one of the following:
- $180 for non members, and includes race entry to the sprint triathlon.
- $160 for ACTC club members, and includes race entry to the sprint triathlon.
- $100 for athletes that might already be entered or are training for a different race.
If you are interested in joining the program, we have set up the sign up through GameDay, so you will need to create a login on the site, if you do not already have one. https://regoform.mygameday.app/#/event/registration-form/actctristarters
We are planning to have a kick off meeting on the 11th of February, 2024 (at 5pm) to give you a chance to meet the coaches and other athletes involved. We will provide details on location in the coming days.